Blog Archive

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Aug 02 Options Trades Update

I sold Nov N225 20000 Call Options for 25 pts yesterday last done at 20 pts. I am looking to sell more Nov N225 from the 20000-21000 range when the opportunity arises. I am at slightly bearish to sideways & at most cautiously optimistic against the Japan market here. Therefore selling call options on N225 options. Having said that, no one can be 100% certain. As traders, I think its still about stacking the odds in one's favour & adopting strict risk/money management to win most of the time & when there are losses...keep them small. Easier said then done. Therefore my journey continues.
On the US front, last night, trading was volatile again but major indexes remains mainly in positve territory. With the market two-days advance which has lifted the Dow some 250 pts, I think it is probably too early to tell if it is out of the woods yet. The market is probably still nervous about mortgage defaults leading to losses & possible tightening of lending standards. I will be following the market developments closely.

No comments: