Blog Archive

Monday, May 19, 2008

May 20 Options Writing Trades Update

Wall Street ended mixed Monday after weakness in the technology sector punctured some of the market's enthusiasm over a report that suggested the economy could still be growing. Asian markets are taking a breather on Tuesday from the recent gains perhaps due to profit taking. The Japanese economy has proved remarkably solid recently. Last week, the government said the economy grew at a stronger-than-expected 3.3 percent annual pace in the first quarter, racking up its third consecutive quarter of growth. Still, economists warn that export growth could stumble if overseas economies falter, and domestic spending will probably stay weak if paychecks aren't growing. My medium term view on Japan's economy remains at sluggish to cautiously bullish. With that, I am looking at the Aug N225 17000 call options & the 9750 put options to add to the positions. Of course I can be wrong with the reading or short term fluctuations can prove me wrong & thats why I do what I do...write options.

No comments: