Blog Archive

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tax Mitigation & Planning YA2008

I just received my Income Tax Notice of Assessment for YA2008. This year, I ensured that I claimed for all the reliefs, deductables, & rebates that I am entitled to. I have claimed for the following new applicable relief items this year:
a) Wife Relief
b) Course Fee Relief
To put in some discipline for retirement planning, I have also made use of the Supplementary Retirement Scheme which also help to provide some tax reliefs (Maximum of $11,475 per year). One thing I did not think of is to make use of the CPF Minimum Sum Top-Up Scheme which can help to minus off another $7,000(maximum per year) from the chargeable income since I have been supporting my parents. I will remind myself to do it for next year. I am also appreciative of the additional one-off 20% Tax rebate from the government this year which definitely helped to lower the overall income tax payable.

No comments: